Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,333 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: Bears defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
I went to bed at halftime, but at the time, the Bears had established the league lead with 18 turnovers and it was only their sixth game.

It's no accident. They are an agressive, attacking front four and back seven. I don't see contain/read/react up front, just crushing the pocket on every play. They don't give an inch and rip, strip, and in Peanut Tillman's case, punch the ball out. He literally makes a punching move on the ball while he's wrapping up.

We have different players and run a different scheme, but I'd still like to see a little more of this and a little less "tackling the catch". It's not like they have a huge talent advantage on the Steelers.

They just choose to use theirs in a different manner, and it's fun to watch.
Steelers scheme worked just fine when Hampton, Polamalu and Harrison (and before hime Porter) had more tread on their tires from 2004 - 2008

The sense of entitlement to being on top every season is understandable but perhaps not realistic

There may be some changes if LeBeau retires - but as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for - talented players make for success more often than talented schemes
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote