View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #79
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,839 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: How Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along...

Ben wasn't happy with Whiz either because Whiz told him what was going to be done in spite of what he wanted.

Fast forward - he loved Bruce because Bruce let him have more input.

Fast forward - now he is back to someone that approaches the relationship more like a coach-player relationship, not one that is of equal footing when calling the shots - and that pisses Ben off.

My opinion is that Ben is a great QB and I'm thankful he is a Steeler - but I also think that Ben doesn't know what is best half the time, despite the winning and the 2 Super Bowl titles. Ben wants to go for the home run as much as possible, and Ben thinks some of that predictable empty set shit is awesome, and that is what gets him killed and leads to less production.

Ben wants to surpass Bradshaw in rings. Not sure if that is an achievable goal (I thought he would have going into XLV, but the more I see the aging vets, the more I realize that was in fact a last chance for a handful of the key cogs). I think Ben is going to win 1 more before he retires, and 2 if some of these young guys step up sooner than expected

The time of possession improvement alone is totally worth the Arians canning. Ben needs to trust the Steelers way just a bit more, at least show that he does in public.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote