View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,062 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: Nice win, but who has nightmares about versing RG3 next weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Time to bring out the DB press coverage used in the New England game last year?
the good news is dick lebeau is 14-1 against rookie qb's and RGIII has yet to face a 3-4 defense quite like ours.

the bad news is the steelers practically begged tim tebow to beat them deep in the playoff game and it only took him 10 completions to put up 300+ passing yards, and turn in the best game he will ever have as a pro.

good news is our defense is actually healthier than it was in denver.

bad news is RGIII is a better runner and 10X more accurate than tebow will ever be. he wont need the hand of God to connect on the deep plays if they are there.

lost in the midst of last sundays win and the "dick lebeau sucks, is to old to adapt, and the game has passed him by" fever was him unveiling the dime defense (6 db's) with curtis brown logging his first defensive snaps of his career. i have not yet looked at steelerdepot's defensive participation chart to see how many times it was used, but nedless to say it was likely something the bungles and andy dalton werent prepared for.

so the short answer is- yes, i think we will see tighter coverage off the line of scrimmage.

id like to see clark play troys spot at SS and serve as a spy/rover but that depends on how comfortable the coaches feel with either mundy/allen playing FS.

barring injury, i think its safe to say ike, keenan, clark, harrison, timmons will be the only 5 defenders to play every defensive snap.