View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,063 Times in 888 Posts
Default Re: Psychology of a Steeler fan (footballs fans in general)

Since we can either win or we can lose, to me there are only two ways to look at any game -- positively or negatively.
Since I have the choice and neither costs anything, it's just as easy to be positive as it is to be negative and I choose to be positive and believe we'll win every game we play.

Obviously it's unlikely that we'll win every game, but I look at each one from that standpoint and if we end up losing, then I'd like to see if I can figure out why. But when the game starts, I always watch from the point of view of winning and if we don't win, I then come here and bitch about why I think we lost.

But feeling positive about every game is not the same thing as agreeing with everything the team is doing (or what it appears to be doing) and if I see something that I think is wrong or could be done differently, then I say what's on my mind. But criticism (or praise) is about the team itself and the way in which it prepares for each game or each season and is not the same thing as rooting for a win on game day.

When game day arrives, I'm not thinking "loss" at all.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote