Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Brown is our #1 Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I agree 100%, but that alone doesn't make him the #1 receiver as the title suggests. Wallace isn't doing well, and he's not playing like a true #1, but the one thing he is doing is SCORING. Brown hasn't been a touchdown scoring player yet in his career, and doesn't put up #1 receiver touchdown numbers. Brown needs to start pulling in touchdown grabs to solidify himself as the #1 guy on the football field.
Miller tops the charts with 5 TDs right now, so that alone doesn't make a #1 receiver, which I know you weren't saying it does... Wallace has 20% of his yards from one catch (82 yds). Aside from that homerun, he's averaging 11.25 YPC only one yard less than Brown. TDs probably do take Wallace above Brown as the number one threat (4 vs 1). However, I don't want to see any passes on third down right now going to anyone but Brown or Heath. With the way that Wallace has been playing, I say it's all a push and we have two number one receivers right now (one more consistent and one with the homerun threat) with a TE giving them a run for their money.

Not a bad set of personnel for BB to be throwing to.