View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
Default Re: Has Cam Newton lost Charlotte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're hitting the nail on the head. His attitude has to change if this team is going to rally around him, but he's not the reason this offense isn't working. You're looking at 12.2 million off the cap for the stable of running backs they have. Shedding about half of that signs a top dollar wide receiver to give Cam another option. Smith can't be the target every time. LaFell hasn't shown he can really do anything, and again, Greg Olsen is not a legitimate option for him. Behind them sits Armanti Edwards and David Gettis, guys a lot of you would ask "who?" and rightfully so. Grabbing a WR in this offseason has to be priority number 1 for this team. If they're picking high, snagging guys like Hunter or Allen would give the Panthers the opportunity to have their young WRs develop with their young QB.

There's no question his leadership ability has to improve. Him sulking isn't going to accomplish anything and only create more of a distance between himself and his team. However, he's doing what he can with what he has and that should be the most alarming thing to the Panthers' front office.
You're beating a dead horse about who is at fault for Carolina losing football games and why the offense isn't working. I'm talking about whether Cam has lost the support of his home city or not (Thread Title...). He has shown no leadership ability and yes, I believe, he has lost a large majority of support in his home city through his actions moreso than Carolina losing games. Everything you're saying are explanations/excuses for poor performance on the field, but I'm talking about his poor performance and attitude off of it. I still stick by my assessment that his skills and abilities are far from "off the charts" (as is his potential to be elite) when he is lacking so deeply of leadership skills, something that could be argued is just as important as athletic ability.