View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Steeler receivers licking their chops again

Last time they did this, they choked on a candy bar. Just shut up and play, please.

Wallace believes it’s time to bring back the fear factor.

“Last year, we went deep so much that guys would back up all the time,” he said Thursday. “This year, we’ve been going (short) so much, guys I think are kind of forgetting who we are when it comes to deep balls. They’re forgetting we’re the best in the world. We need to remind them.”

This might be the week to go deep.

“There are definitely going to be opportunities — a lot of them,” receiver Antonio Brown said. “We’ve got to take advantage of them, capitalize on them.”

The Washington Redskins (3-4) rank last in the NFL in pass defense, allowing 328.4 yards per game and 7.71 yards per attempt. No doubt offensive coordinator Todd Haley is paying attention.

“I think he’s going to give us a couple of shots,” Wallace said.

The Redskins’ secondary, which starts cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Josh Wilson and safeties Reed Doughty and Madieu Williams, has allowed 16 touchdown passes. The most recent was an everyone-knew-it-was-coming Eli Manning to Victor Cruz 77-yard winner with 73 seconds left Sunday against the New York Giants.

“They’re OK. They’re decent,” Wallace said of the Redskins’ secondary. “DeAngelo is a perennial Pro Bowler guy. … I don’t feel like they have tremendous athletes over there, but they’re always in the right spots.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2APOdpWLl
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote