Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: LeBeau's reliance on Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
That is just plain dumb, Lebeau talored his schemes around Troy because he is a once in a generation player (like Barry Sanders). If what we are seeing is correct, he is starting the transition around Timmons abilities as he has been playing differently/better as of late. Unfortunately Troy is breaking down, but our Def will transition away from this style and be great again, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. If you get a player like Troy, you mold your defense around that. He had that special ability to just know what was coming and Lebeau took advantage of it to great success, so all this nonsense that Troy made Lebeau look good is moronic at best. It was Lebeau that helped make Troy the best he could be by putting him in a position to be great.
I don't fault Lebeau for building the Defense around Troy. What I do fault him is failing to string together a 'Plan B' for whenever Troy is out. Troy is a once-in-a-generation player for sure, but he's one player.

I'm sorry, but a Defense that drops off the map due to the absence of ONE guy doesn't make it a good Team Defense.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote