Originally Posted by teegre
1. Yes, WASH had some drops, but the "two dropped TD passes" were in succession, and followed by a TD. As in: if either of those is caught, it'd be the same result: ONE score.
2. The offense scored on five of its first six drives, with the punt pinning WASH at the one. You really can't ask for better than that.
3. WASH was averaging 170 yards rushing. Today: less than 80.
4. AB's recalled punt return makes for one TD and five long returns CALLED BACK!!!
5. O-line gave up NO sacks.
6. Wallace showed up.
7. Yes, the Steelers have a very good chance against the NYGiants. I predict a close (6 point) win. Furthermore, I say it's a SuperBowl preview.
There's been a definite turnaround in this team and there's no doubt in my mind that it's "for real".
We played our way out of a slump and as anyone who has ever played a sport knows, it takes talent as well as some luck to get things pointed the right way and that's what I've seen so far. The injuries have been a blessing in disguise because without them, we'd never have been able to explore the talent we have on the bench and wouldn't have put starters in a position to step up their games as some have done.
If we were doing this with a so-so QB or were a team with no real history, I'd be inclined to think of all this as lucky. But we're not such a team and we know how to win and I think we just needed a kick-start and these last few weeks have provided that.
I can honestly see us winning it all.