View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Re: This years steelers better than the 2010 steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
From what we have witnessed so far do you think this team is better than the one who lost to the packers in the superbowl? I don't think theres any doubt we are better than last years team, but record aside, are we better than the 2010 team who lost to green bay in the SB?

I think so heres why:
1. Ben is protected
2. Receivers a bit older with a bit more experience (minus ward)
3 Deeper at the running back position once mendes back (looks like we might not even need him)
4. Haleys style of play call

The only thing I can't say is't much better is our defense overall, its about the same.

I'm sorry, but there is no way this defense has proven itself as being even close to as good as the 2010 defense was. Troy was the defensive POY that year, and he's missed all but one game this year. The 2010 rush defense allowed just 62.8 YPG, good for third in NFL HISTORY and a Steelers franchise record. There is no comparison on the defensive side of the ball.

I would argue that this year's offense is on its way to trumping the '10 offense, in all of the ways you listed. Now let's hope this year's squad can get to the same place as 2010's and do them one better.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote