steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,003 Times in 2,372 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Wallace wants to go deep more

so now that he is basically gone - what would you offer him

I'd give him about a 3 year, 23 mil contract with 10.5 mill guaranteed, 5.5 front loaded, knowing he probably won't take it. Call it low-balling, but he is only #1 on the depth chart and not on the field. If he acts like a #1 the rest of the way, I might front load the entire 10.5.

Even after I think about this (and I'm def not a contract expert or capologist) I'm still thinking I might get another Antonio Brown in the draft - better work ethic who I won't have to pay the big bucks to for another 2 to 3 seasons.

Even if we start taking everyone by surprise later on in the season and he starts catching a few long bombs a game - is using him as a late-season surge guy even worth it? - or did some of you hit the nail on the head - we need a different type of receiver to be even more dynamic in the Haley system?
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote