Old 11-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Wallace wants to go deep more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
No way. It ain't his fault he is fast. Imagine being TE who can catch really well then being asking to block constantly and not be an option for receptions. Said TE asks to be thrown to more - is there a problem with that?

Wallace's asset is his speed, he wants to use it. I don't see a problem with that. No matter what these guys do somebody rags on them. He wants to run fast and catch the football.

My opinion is that they do need to do throw deep to him more. My guess is Haley is waiting to spring the trap. The "One trick pony" gag is getting old. Not only that, he is a great receiver. He has made some great catches this year. If he did not hold out we would not even be having this conversation.
We don't have to imagine this scenario. It happened to Miller for years and years under Arians. And guess what. Miller didn't cry about it once. The man sat back patiently for half of his career being totally under utilized and wasted because we had a shit OC. Now that Miller is finally getting his dues, Wallace is crying that he ain't in the spotlight anymore even though he was planning on holding out this season anyways and clearly doesn't deserve the opportunity to get balls thrown his way due to his pathetic play and contributions to the team on and of the field.

It's just another sign that Wallace is a little boy still, and has the big headed WR disease that so many of them get. I'm glad that the 5-6 force fed dud bombs to Wallace every game are gone. I'm glad that they aren't even throwing one to him a game and in fact are scoring more points per game without the deep threat tactic than they were with it. Hopefully it helps humble Wallace and returns him back to planet earth while he is young and still has a chance to decide how he wants his legacy to be written. I'd hate to see Wallace be a punk his whole career and earn a bad rep for himself, then find himself begging for a job and working for peanuts like TO, Chad Johnson etc.

Having said all this. I still believe that airing it out to Wallace will be a huge part of our new offensive gameplay coming this postseason. I'm expecting a completely different offensive philosophy change and it'll look nothing like the Steelers we have been all watching the past 7 games.

I've mentioned before that I'm loving the new Haley offense, but I've been thinking a lot recently about how long he can possibly keep it fresh and unpredictable before it turns into the predictable and boring Arians offense. . I'm really hoping that we are barely seeing the tip of the iceberg and we can stay hot for years to come. I have way way way more confidence in Haley and his potential than Arians, but we can only be so successful for so long building an offensive scheme around the WR quick screens.

This is also why I'm guessing we will be high flying come late December and January.

Last edited by Millers the sh!t; 11-03-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Millers the sh!t is offline   Reply With Quote