Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: If Tomlin said this...

I think Tomlin learned a lot already through that 5 game losing streak in 09. I know a lot of people hate the cliches and supposedly empty speeches he "unleashes" in certain situations, but I think when things start to get bad - the good coaches stick to their guns - and I think they were trying to fight through it until the very last game, where they found out they were eliminated. The fact they ended that season with a 3 game winning streak said a lot about Tomlin and the difference in expectations with the Steelers.

Shanahan has terrible ownership to deal with, on top of a lack of offensive weapons. Yes - other than RGIII, do you think they win with the other personnel? No. When you are calling Cooley back for help, you're in trouble on that side of the ball. I think Shanahan is trying to put some guys on notice that aren't performing well, not necessarily packing it in. To me, it sounds like a message stating: "Just because we're 3-5 and will have a hard time making it to the post-season, you still have to show up and show that you want it, and you're playing to keep that job, not just for Ws or Ls."

I like Shanahan - but he can't duplicate his success. He had a great D, HOF QB, a pro-bowl RB with a career that ended too quickly, and a HOF tight end in Denver,not to mention a pro-bowl caliber guard in Schlareth - there was some serious leadership on that team and I know I'm forgetting a few faces from that set of guys

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote