View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,380 Times in 4,015 Posts
Default Re: 2013 Draft priorities

Dion Jordan or Alex Okafor in the first round solves the Harrison problem. Those guys have tremendous upside and explosive ability to get off the line with a quick first step. Plus, Jordan is 6'7 240 and runs a 4.4. Why wouldn't we grab him?

Safety will be addressed in the second round by grabbing either Rambo or Jefferson and either one of those two would make me happy. Assuming the Steelers are picking anywhere between 25 and 32 -- which by the way they're playing right now seems like a likely possiblilty -- Elam, Reid and Vaccaro will be off the board at this point. If Matt Elam falls to around 40-ish, the Steelers absolutely must trade up to grab him.

Even if the Steelers have two picks in this years draft, if they're Dion Jordan and Matt Elam, I'm perfectly okay with that. Elam brings a similar skill set that Polamalu brings - a knack for finding the ball and breaking it up.

A darkhorse pick here is CJ Mosley out of Alabama in the second round. Again, drafting Mosley with Jordan gives the Steelers the best LB core in the NFL again with...

Jordan / ROLB - Mosley + Timmons / MLB - Woodley / LOLB

... and provides an infusion of youth in this defense. I think that it's unlikely, however, that the Steelers don't pick Safety very high in this years draft. Expect a trade if a candidate like Jefferson or Elam is on the board past 40.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote