Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
New one

Let me give it another shot ...

1st round - Alex Olgletree - ILB - Georgia - Converted Safety ... In case you didn't know I love converted Safteys
2nd round - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Converted Safety ...
3rd round - Baccari Rambo - FS - Georgia - Beast enough said , 1 year behind Clark would do wonders
4th round- Duke Williams - SS - Nevada - Athletic Freak, Good Instincts, closing speed and hitter
5th round - Mallicah Goodman - DE- Clemson ... Why not add a little DE depth? Keisel nearing the end of his career
6th round - Anthony McCloud - DT - FSU ... Hampton finished why not add a little DT depth
7th round - MarQueis Gray - WR - Minnesota ... only kind of WR Steelers are missing is a big guy at 6-4 250 he fits that role... he's raw and played 2 years receiver and then switched to QB now ... WR reverse Pass anybody??

I know Steelers will never draft Ogletree and Rambo because of being suspended in college but hey they took a chance on Adams right??

and no CB because they have 4 good young ones ... Lewis, Cortez, Brown , Van Dyke
It's not bad for a very early mock, but there's a couple questionable picks on here. I'll start with Ogletree. While he's a very talented ILB, he's not necessarily worth a first round pick. Adding to that, he's only a junior and all reports have him very unlikely to come out. If he does decide to enter the draft, though, he'd be a solid second round pick for the Steelers and could potentially end up being the long term answer at MLB.

Regarding Hodges - I think OLB will be addressed in the first round of the draft. Look for the Steelers to draft Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor or Barkevious Mingo in the first round to solidify the ROLB opposite Woodley. They can't ignore this position anymore as Harrison can't produce pressure. This could be attributed to many different things, but simply put, this James Harrison isn't the Harrison of old and his age and ailments are starting to show. One of those three ^ will be the Steelers' first round pick. Bank on it.

I love, love, love the idea of grabbing Rambo in the third round. Sadly, I don't think he falls that far.

Overall, not a bad mock but later on in the year we'll get a more accurate representation of these guys themselves and a more accurate mock will emerge. For example, my early mock is:

First Round / 32 - Dion Jordan / ROLB - Oregon

Second Round / 40 - *TRADE*- Tony Jefferson / FS - Oklahoma

And after that I'm not sure, but I have the Steelers trading their third and fourth round picks to grab Jefferson, so I'll update it after that. If the Steelers grab Jordan and Jefferson, this defense just became the best in the NFL again. With two rookies.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote