View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,408 Times in 4,679 Posts
Default Keenan Lewis Worth 8 Million a Year?

I was looking around bleacher report and stumbled across this article describing 'stars' that are going to receive huge pay days next year ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-paid-in-2013

... and I knew what I was going to find for the most part. Mike Wallace also makes an appearance, which should come a surprise to no one. But, what I found more interesting was the fact that he mentions Keenan. More importantly, he says, "... But Lewis will command at least $8 million a year and could get more." and it was kind of eye opening. The comparison of numbers puts this a little more in perspective for you guys.

The CBs that are making around 8 million dollars this year are ...

Charles Tillman - $7 966 667
Brandon Flowers - $8 000 000
Antonio Cromartie - $8 250 000
Leon Hall - $8 500 000

Now, don't get me wrong. Keenan has been playing tremendously this year and has taken huge strides in improving his game. However, that being said, he's not in the same league as these guys yet - and it's really not even close. These guys have been doing it consistently, year in and year out, for a long time. Say what you want about Cromartie, but he completely shut down Andre Johnson vs. the Texans and the Jets left him on an island.

Breaking down the stats, Tillman (2), Flowers (2) and Cromartie (3) are leading Lewis in interceptions. Keenan currently has 0. I know that takeaways aren't necessarily the most important stat, but it goes to show that these guys can not only blanket receivers and tip passes but also take it away and give it back to their respective offenses.

I think Keenan still has a long way to go and a lot to prove to the Steelers before he's worth this kind of money, but that's just my opinion. What do you guys think?

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 11-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote