Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,941 Times in 7,578 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Dwyer or Redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
First off....sorry about the sleep deprivation, but its our badge of honor as parents.

I wish I heard that bit on the radio, because its not making entire sense to me. Guys have to keep blocking until the whistle, not until they think the RB is by them. On a combination block it may make a bit more sense, but realistically........there isnt much time difference between how long it takes Dwyer or Rainey to get to the line of scrimmage from 5 yards deep in the backfield.

I think its more mental than anything. Before you can beat the team opposing you, you have to beat the guy in front of you. O linemen have to worry about beating the guy in front of them and not who is getting the ball behind them!!! (that's my krusty o line coach impression of the day-- rant)
SLEEP DEPRIVATION: The cool thing is that I actually like it. My wife "got" (had) to be the one to get up, when the baby was breast feeding... and now, I am the one who "gets" (gets) to be up. It is a nice bonding time... different than when the baby is fully awake.

O-LINE: You would know more about O-line play than I do... but, with that said, I know that I've heard this time & time again (that O-linemen like getting in a rhythm with "one" RB). I remember specifically, when the Eagles O-line was having to block for Ricky Watters and someone else... and they wanted the coach to pick "one" RB.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote