View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,094 Times in 3,894 Posts
Default Re: Keenan Lewis Worth 8 Million a Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
average cb's are making $6mil/year. the cream of the crop are making about $12mil.

in his first year starting, lewis is looking like a #1 CB on the leagues #1 pass defensive unit. he has also learned dick lebeaus system which is the most complex in the league.

i think the steelers would be tickled pink to lock him up for 5 years/$32.5mil with 15-16 guaranteed. i think he might be happy with that hometown discount.
That's true, there's a lot of average or mediocre CBs making around 6 million which is a little bit shocking to be completely honest with you. I also agree with the guy that said Lewis is outplaying Nnamdi - by a fairly substantial margin. The fact that Asomugha is making 11 million is also part of the Eagles' problems, but that's a whole other can of worms.

I think Keenan is honestly developing into our star in the secondary and deserves a pay raise, but what that pay raise is, I'm not sure yet. He hasn't made any game changing plays to help this team win, but I'm sure we all remember the missed pick against the Titans. If he makes that pick, the Steelers are 6-2. Guys that are making 8 million a year make that play and end the game for their team - something that Keenan hasn't been able to do yet with any consistency. To make the bigger bucks, you have to show more than high upside and potential in your youth.

I'd agree with Keenan taking the hometown discount if the Steelers keep Wallace. They've been friends since they were 5 - 6 and I feel that when the extension comes for Wallace, Keenan would accept a 5 year / 28 - 32 million deal.

He's going to be great, but I'm not sure he's worth that top 10 CB type money yet.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote