Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Rashard Mendenhall will be starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Mendy is a starting caliber back, and the others are not. The coaches is simply confirming this. Again, go watch Dwyers performances int hose big games he had. Any time he had a decent run he was winded and whining to come out. That's not a starting back.

Dwyer and Redman combined have less than half of Mendy's career rushing yards, and what, like a 5th of his TD's? Are we forgetting the early games this year where this awesome duo were putting up a combine 40 yards per game? Yes, the line was bad, but that was the same bad line Mendy has put up multiple 1000+ yard seasons with. And we have yet to see him run from behind the newly cohesive line this year.
You may be right, but I think that Mendenhall is overrated (always have) and then there's the idea of going with whatever is working or the "hot hand".
I think that although both Redman and Dwyer are more "raw". I think each of them has more long term potential than Mendenhall ever had. Like I said, Mendy - to me - is more of an outside / pass-catching back and has never impressed me as a power rusher.

But like you said, he had a pretty crappy line in front of him and now that seems better, so we'll see if that makes a difference.