Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,750 Times in 7,504 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Editorial: Even Vince McMahon Turned His Head in Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
What is weird is that the Giants are good enough to beat the Steelers fairly. I was texting my buddy back and forth, he's a Giants fan, that they didn't need to do that. That the Giants have a good team and I don't think anyone wants to win that way anyways. It tarnishes teh win and the team. Just call it straight up and stop fining the Steelers. That's just my little side note. Thanks for the post!
Likewise, one of the dudes I know is a huge NYGiants fan (good dude, as most NYGiants fans are). Anyway, he was saying that he would have been annoyed to have been "given" the game. "A dirty feeling" were his words.

And, I agree.

Being given a game makes it feel like it wasn't even a win at all... especially, because everyone looks at you and thinks, "They actually lost." Sure, in the record books, the NYGiants would have gotten the win, but it would have felt like a loss.

Furthermore, since it was so one-sided in PITT's favor (3 yards per NYG offensive play), it would have been even more obvious... and in turn, made them all feel even "dirtier."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote