Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts
Default Re: Editorial: Even Vince McMahon Turned His Head in Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
It's almost as if the refs had been told to make a few calls go NYG's way, but the refs effed up, by making those calls way too obvious.

Instead, Goodell should have told the refs specifically what to call... such as: a false start (or holding) on the first play of every Steelers possession. Starting a drive 1st & 15 (or 1st & 20) makes for a long day... and far less obvious than ANY of the calls that the refs actually made.

Ergo, at half-time, I am sure that Goodell screamed, "You guys are maming it so OBVIOUS!!! No more penalties on PITT... none. You idiots... why did I re-instate you!?!"

All joking aside, you said the key word: integrity.

Bad calls are bad call... but, if Goodell actually told the refs to make those calls... wow!!!... that would ruin the NFL for me.

I'm a big believer in Integrity.

I always tell people that they can take my house, my money, my freedom and even my life, but they can't take my integrity unless I give it to them -- and it's not for sale or trade.

The way I look at it is that if you give up your integrity, you pretty much give up any reason for drawing breath on this planet.
teegre (11-10-2012)