View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #14
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: Does the GOP have to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
they do if they want to win future elections. Although people are so mesmerized by Obama I don't see a future candidate being as hard to beat. The problem is they are going to have to pick and choose their battles. I have no idea how to get the black vote probably not possible. Hispanic vote could be doable but Romney screwed that up with his comments about self policing or whatever he said. Woman vote could be had, married women actually vote republican , so if you had a republican who could bend on social issues like abortion the single woman might be swayed. I don't know how they compromise on taxes though, two total different philosophies. When taxing the rich doesn't touch the deficit even if they taxed them 100 percent yet they do it anyway there seems to be a problem. It appears more like a penalty for making a lot of money. The wealthy for the most part are job creators, you can't have jobs without the creators. I don't see the GOP changing their philosophy on that.
What would probably work better would be for the GOP to quit grandstanding on social issues (on a national level), and leave those issues, such as abortion and drug legalization, to the states. They should stay out of gay marriage completely...in fact, the entire government should just stay out of marriage all together and leave it to the churches. All the government needs to do is honor contracts. Simple.

If the GOP, and its loudest, most evangelical voting bloc, would just realize that this isn't the 1950's anymore, and somehow get it through their heads that not everyone who voted Democrat is a welfare baby, then maybe they can make some progress. At this moment, they are archaic and broken. And I'm pretty sure they pick mainstream candidates by getting drunk and playing pin the tail on the douchebag.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote