View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #102
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796
Default Re: Are We Ready For Baltimore

Have you been to Pittsburgh in the last twenty 20 years? The city is a modern center of international business. It is a clean, modern, well planned city with a beautiful waterfront stretching for miles. It is safe, clean, and easy to navigate by foot or car. Last time I was there a Pirates game had just let out and we could not even tell traffic cleared out so quickly. The locals re polite and friendly. And guess what, you can drive through any one of multiple tunnels into and out of the city without getting gouged for $6. Oh yeah, the Zoo is modern facility that includes the aquarium, which is ten times better than the Baltimore Zoo and Aquarium. And visiting both together is cheaper than either the Baltimore Zoo or Aquarium separately. Oh yeah, the science center is get this - free!

Now, let me contrast that with Baltimore, from which I have lived about twenty miles north of my entire life:

Baltimore is trash ridden welfare state with corrupt politicians acting as ringleaders. I think at one time the entire city council was being investigated for corruption. The last mayor was convicted of theft and fraud. The traffic sucks on a regular day, forget about getting anywhere during a Ravens or Orioles game. It costs $6 to get into and out of the city through the tunnels. I dare you to walk around Baltimore at night (or most of the city by day for that matter). Baltimore City residents are rude, inconsiderate, and act like animals. I lived in Baltimore County for a year, I could not stand it, and promptly moved back to Harford County.

So, please answer my question regarding the last time you went to Pittsburgh. I want to gauge the reference point for your comments. If you have been there recently, and you say Baltimore is a better city than PItsburgh, then you lie. If you have never been there, and you make those comments, then you are an ignorant troll with an agenda. I am fine with that, but don't make outrageous statements with no basis in experience or fact.

Baltimore City is a welfare wasteland. It is dirty, unsafe, and mismanaged. That is a fact.

Oh yeah, the Steeler Nation is an exclusive club. We just don't let anyone in. So go away. Kill some time and take a walk through Dunbar around 1:00 am. I hear that is a great area for tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Ahh yes, the vaunted Steeler Nation. Sounds like a Latin American narco state run by an illiterate Generalissimo and his coked out son. Pittsburgh has always been one of the most polluted cities in the US; even after it's citizens managed to wreck their manufacturing economy. It's a bit too late to start cleaning up now. Yeah inner city Baltimore is a dump but in general that region is very prosperous; unlike all of Western PA which is the epitome of Rust Belt. Steelers will probably become the first NFL team to accept foodstamps in payment for tickets. That would make their fanbase happy. Should be funny watching your cleaning crews scrape up what is left of BR after Suggs and Ngata get through with him. He was never the most handsome guy in the world but after Ngata mangled his nose he just looks grotesque. No wonder no woman wants him. As for talking smack on R. Lewis think for a moment about who is more reviled in our society nowadays; a guy who gets into a bar fight defending himself and it goes wrong or a guy who thinks its okay to post his posse outside the Ladies Lavatory and threaten someone who can't defend herself from a guy twice her size? And as for talking smack on WY ask yourselves this: Where does half of America go on vaction in the summer? Sure as hell isn't Pittsburgh. The alcohol comment from Utah was pretty funny but you can buy booze throughout Utah now. They are just jerks about it. The border areas with Utah used to be flush with stores selling cool stuff like fireworks, booze, and cigars.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote