View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,892 Times in 3,487 Posts
Default Re: David Petraeus resigns from CIA

Draw your own conclusions as to whether or not his fling with Ms. Broadwell was a one time only straying by the former General

The F.B.I. investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director on Friday began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person, a government official briefed on the case said on Saturday.

When F.B.I. agents following up on the complaint began to examine Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, they discovered exchanges between her and Mr. Petraeus that revealed that they were having an affair, said the official, who spoke of the investigation on the condition of anonymity.

The person who complained about harassing messages from Ms. Broadwell, according to the official, was not a family member or a government official. One Congressional official who was briefed on the matter on Friday said senior intelligence officials had explained that the F.B.I. investigation “started with two women.”

The F.B.I. investigators were not pursuing evidence of Mr. Petraeus’s marital infidelity, which would not be a criminal matter, the official said. But their examination of his e-mails, most or all of them sent from a personal account and not from his C.I.A. account, raised the possibility of security breaches that needed to be addressed directly with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us...affair.html?hp

The collapse of the dazzling career of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman whom he was having an affair with sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z1

If you are going to cheat on your spouse it is probably not a good idea to do it with someone who has anger management issues
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote