View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,264 Times in 561 Posts
Default Re: Who's the Star of this Defense Now?

I don't think there is a single star on defense and I don't think there should be.

If I were to pick a portion of our defense that I think is really getting it done right now I'd have to say it's the secondary overall (something I never thought I'd be saying). Clark leads the way, but Allen, Lewis and Ike are not looking too shabby lately either.

I think that Troy's absence has allowed this to happen because without him the secondary seems to be developing a nice chemistry and they're playing as a team.
When Troy is out there and allowed to pretty much do whatever he wants, I think that actually hurts the secondary because often Clark, Allen, etc. have to worry about what Troy is doing as much as what the receivers are doing and that's not good.

I think Troy is a great talent but he needs to be used in ways that make him part of a functioning unit rather than as some sort of unguided missile. That has always been my biggest gripe with LeBeau - that he sees Troy as someone so special that the defense tends to become "Troy plus ten other guys" rather than eleven guys who each have talent and a role to complement that talent.