Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,901 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
How often do you think a coach would even consider it? Never. That isn't even to mention dealing with the aftermath of school kids crying 'that's not fair' if someone thinks they are trying to run up the score.

Should they play hopscotch when there is still over a quarter left in the game to play? Or maybe it does take a genius to practice in a real game things they rarely get to do.

A chessmaster does not sacrifice a pawn even, unless it is going to give him an advantage.

How often do you see guys going from Special Teams to a Head Coach, pretty much never. He had to switch over to defensive back to even be considered. Next year he had a head coaching gig.

Of course, more hoopla was about Jim after what he did with San Diego and Stanford. Look at what he is doing with San Fran...

The proof is in the pudding. They can take shit and polish it into a diamond.

But yeah, hate on them all you want because they score points when they don't need to.
I am not talking about Jim

The reason you do not usually see a non-coordinator going to HC is because by their mid-40s most bona fide HC candidates have been coordinators in the meritocracy that is the NFL - Tomlin and Cowher did it in their 30s - Ravens made a good choice in hindsight with Harbaugh but it was a reach - I guess that is because the Ravens are the smartest organization in the NFL?

Among the reasons you do not see the fake FG up by multiple TD s more often are: 1) it is gutless; 2) you run the risk of having a star player taken out as payback. If you are seriously contending that it is not seen more often because John Harbaugh is smarter and a better coach than everyone else I give up or conclude you are trolling

Get back to me on what a great coach John Harbaugh is after he wins a game that merits a Gatorade bath - proof is in the pudding
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote