View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: Seattle VS San Fransisco

I've for the most part quit watching games not involving the steelers.

It's hard to watch for several reasons..

#1 - I think the game lacks integrity. Games are not always decided by the two teams playing... I have a problem with that. You can debate all you want about "who" is influencing the way games are officiated... whether it's the league office or las vegas - who knows...either way it doesn't really matter...it makes for bad sport.

#2 - the rule changes ...and the way rules are now enforced (or not enforced) bothers me a lot. Trying to make the game a high scoring passing affair by changing the rules is bush league.

#3 - The constant stoppages are out of control. Everything is reviewed ...and even that isn't enough to get calls correct. Commercial after commercial.

#4 - Roger Goodell is a disgusting example of a leader. He's a symbol of greed, corruption, arrogance, and unchecked power. He's bad for the game and it's upsetting to me that the owners don't even see it. He blatantly goes after players and teams like he has a personal vendetta...then ignores others of the same infractions of those he punishes. He's ruining the game I love.

So pretty much I have better things to do then watch the NFL. I don't miss a steeler game ever... but the days of watching football all sunday and monday night no matter who plays are long gone. I'm guessing many others feel the same way I do. Maybe when the owners see ratings drop they'll do something to stop the madness and clean it up.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote