View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,407 Times in 3,547 Posts
Default coca-cola 600- who to watch/ who will win

jimmie johnson. need i say more? he is most likely to win this race. but that dont mean he will. practice and qualifying suggest that jeremy mayfield is the sleeper in this race. riggs is on the pole showing the muscle flex of team evernham. kahne has a top 10 starting position too. i will be watching 3 roush cars. biffle, martin and of course kenseth. newman, biffle, and earnhard have all been on hot streaks here recently but im thinking only biffle has a shot to translate that into a win. martin doesnt have the greatest starting position but in a 600 mile race, with his veteran savy, you cant count him out. bobby labonte leads my list of sleepers, with mayfield 2nd. and "c" drivers riggs, and jeff green really should be "b" drivers. both easilly have a shot at a top 10. predicting the top 5 is hard but the top 5 most likely to win are:

1. jimmie johnson
2. greg biffle (im expecting a strong run and the bad luck streak to wane)
3. matt kenseth.
4. mark martin
5. jeff gordon
6. kasey kahne

hard to go against dale jr. or even #29 being in the top 6. i hate to go against penske but it will be a succesful day if even one of them finish in the top 10. and what about tony stewart? well, he will probably win the whole damn thing. he seems to respond well to adversity and the way he flew off the handle last weekend annd wrecked in tonights busch race you can call that adversity. he very well could be a winner but if i posted the top 6 in the points standings, it wouldnt be that challenging. labonte is easilly capable of posting a top 10 finish, and i think denny hamlin can too. mayfield just seems like he will be bitten by bad luck.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote