View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #32
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
I believe the defense is not the best defense in the league, but I do believe they have gotten better and certainly saved the Steelers' asses yesterday.

There is not enough pressure on the QB and the secondary is still suspect in my mind.

As we all know, the Steelers play to win Super Bowls, not to get into the playoffs and lose. That being said, they will need to beat the likes of Brady, Manning, Schaub, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, etc to win the Big One. I just don't think the defense, as it looks now, can stop those QBs. Pitt has played one elite QB (P. Manning) and one near-elite QB in Eli Manning. The rest have been between dogshit and average - two of which beat us. The win against Eli is a bit over-hyped - Eli has been pathetic since week 2 and has clearly regressed.

It's not smoke & mirrors, but it's also not as dominant as it appears on paper. We'll find out a lot about this defense over the next three weeks. They will clearly need to be at the top of their game against the Ravens, especially with the no-huddle Flacco likes so much now.
Well said, I was thinking how much better Ike is playing as well as the whole secondary. Then I second guess myself and think its wishful thinking because we haven't played great QB's since week 1. Either way like Gruden was saying its the NFL and there is a fine line between good and bad teams. Next week will show us a lot.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote