Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I will not apologize.

I am happy with the win but I will not let that sway my opinion of the direction this defense has gone this year. I would be somewhat impressed if this defense played that way last night against a below average offense, but it did not. It did it against the worst offense in the league.

It did it against an offense that would struggle to score points in the arena football league. It did it against an offense that turned the ball over more than 4x a game before last night, and the only turnover the defense could force came in over time. The game never even should have made it to overtime, but our 4th quarter defense showed up late in the game again.

You guys might think the defense showed up and played lights out, and that's okay. I think they did exactly what an average to below average defense would do against the worst offense in the league on a rainy night that receivers struggled to catch the ball.

Ur right we only got one turnover in the game. But you must remember that Cassell had a

Huge leash on him. The guy barely threw ten passes until the final drive in regulation. When he did finally start passing he fucked up and we intercepted it...... Plus we dropped two picks earlier in the night. Imagine if he were passing all night.....