View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #48
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I wasn't going to do it. I was going to let you enjoy your little spotlight of how good the Ravens have been in the playoffs and do your little happy dance, but I'll bite.

I'm going to take the Super Bowl win over your playoff wins and ultimately defeats. Your argument here ends. Great, you made the playoffs and beat Miami and Tennessee, but ultimately lost. Key word: lost.

A Tim Tebow loss shot - I didn't expect any better. Again, we lost a playoff game to an inferior opponent and there's no getting around it. See, we don't make excuses. We recognize we lost and we moved on already and it's a little sad that Ravens fans have to keep bringing it up. Why? You can't beat us in the playoffs. So, you bring up another teams victory and use it like it's your own. Stop it, you look ridiculous.

With one (in reality, it's two) less ring(s). Take your playoff wins and again, losses, and we'll take our championships. Oh, and of course throw out one of our Super Bowl wins - it only makes you and your argument look ridiculous. You're reaching, and it comes off as desperate.

Successful in their own right? Do you know what they call almost winning an AFC Championship game and getting to a Super Bowl? Losing.

I cut out the last couple of paragraphs because it was ranting about things I don't really care about. This is the part that made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Appearing vastly superior? Appearing? No. A team IS vastly superior when they reach the big game twice (defeating the Ratbirds twice in the process) compared to the Ravens' 0. Zero, as in it didn't happen. Zero, as in the amount of times the Ravens' have defeated the Steelers in the playoffs. Take your "quality opponent" victories, and we'll take our victories over you in the playoffs every. single. time. and our Championship rings.

Zero, as in the amount of rings John Harbaugh has.

I don't think I understand your argument. You're defending losing in the playoffs because you've been there more times? That's great, you made the playoffs and did absolutely nothing while in it. You didn't win, you didn't accomplish anything. It's a pretty weak argument to use. Congratulations, you have a coach that will take you the post-season and lose, which brings me back to my original point:

He can't win when it matters.

Oh I didn't even see this little gem until after I posted.

With two less AFC Titles and Championships. And in the case of Roethlisberger, TWO less rings.
If you had gotten past Tebow we might have had a chance to beat you in the AFCCG last year. Can't really fault us for not beating a team who was sitting on the couch through most of the playoffs.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote