View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #74
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Don't think you can. Truthfully, I don't know why some on here get their panties in a wad if you question the legitimacy of our #1 defensive ranking.

Honestly, I don't care if they are 1st or 15th. If they are helping us to win ballgames, which they clearly are, who cares where ESPN or anyone else ranks them.

My only concern is whether or not they are ready to win playoff football against Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees. So, I think the quality of our Defense is measured in those terms. Not whether or not we can beat Matt Cassel and Mark Sanchez.

After all, we only care about winning Championships.
I don't question the fact that our "D" is not quite AS "KILLER" as it used to be, (aka, for the last 7 years or so).
But what I do question is why hasn't our "O" atleast came close to matching THOSE kindof standards (stats-wise) as well, for the last several years.\
Needless to say, I want nothing better than our "O" to really shine as in atleast a #3 in the NFL soon ?, 'cause we are dam well gonna need it ! -if we want the ultimate "prize" again.
It's high time the "O" starts carrying some really HEAVY weight around here, and not just a bunch of band-wagon I-LUV-BEN heresays.

We all know this crap now, and there is little time to squabble.
.... no wonder even The Chief(aka Rooney) finally wants a RUNNING-SMASH-MOUTH offensive game too, Sitting bear ?!

ya know/get ?
cool.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote