View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts
Default Re: 2013 Draft priorities

Judging off the last couple of weeks, I doubt that Jordan or Okafor will be available when the Steelers pick. While this does suck (a lot, especially because I remain so high on both of those guys) I think we can still have a couple of steals in the first couple of rounds. So, here's my latest mock after last weeks games and before this Saturday:

R1 - CJ Mosley - OLB / Alabama

R2 - Nico Johnson - ILB / Alabama

The fact that Johnson keeps slipping down the boards means only good things for the Steelers. This kid in 2011 was ridiculous and his athleticism can't be ignored. His lack of production this year could be pointed to the rise of Mosley and the production of Milliner. Too many cooks for this team right now, but when he's given a chance to make a play, he makes it.

R3 - Bacarri Rambo - FS / Georgia
In another thread I said this pick was very unrealistic and he wouldn't be here in the third round, but now there's a very good chance he may be. With the increase in production from guys like Swearinger and Williams, Rambo's name has taken a tumble. Whether or not this is justified is irrelevant, honestly, as if he falls to the Steelers in round 3, we might have the biggest steal of the draft.

R4 - Malliciah Goodman - DE / Clemson
R5 - Deion Belue - CB / Alabama

I realize this is the third 'Bama player in this draft and it's really an unnecessary pick with the production of Lewis and potential of Allen and Brown, but Taylor isn't getting any younger. This is more of an "infusion of youth" pick to our secondary. Having a young and talented group of corners isn't a bad thing. Choosing how to split the reps and who starts is a problem I'd love to have for this team.

R6 - Jahleel Addae - SS / Central Michigan
R7 - Jon Bostic - MLB / Florida

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 11-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote