Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #31
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,314 Times in 655 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Make Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Do you think Spence is the answer for us at MLB? I know he hasn't taken a meaningful snap in the NFL so dogging on him would be ridiculous, but when he played at Miami I wasn't that high on him. I was actually wondering why everyone seemed to be in love with this kid.

I guess I'll hold judgment on him until he plays his first NFL game. I just don't know if he's the answer at MLB, especially with guys like Nico Johnson, CJ Mosley and Arthur Brown available in this draft. If we're able to snag one - or more than one - of these guys, they've shown more potential and upside than Spence has. Anyway, this isn't a Sean Spence thread.

Guys were asking about McFadden and I honestly think he's pretty good. I know guys on here take preseason snaps with a grain of salt, and right fully so, but McFadden looked like he could produce. He didn't miss tackles and he made a couple behind the line that showed he has some good instincts and burst ability.

All that being said, he's just there as an extra body. I'd like for him to get special team reps, though, as his ability to tackle is something we're missing right now on special teams. Letting them start at the 25+ consistently is a little ridiculous.
First of all, the steelers dont have a MLB, they have 2 ILB's. I think that Timmons moves over to strongside ILB and Spence will play the weakside backer when healthy.

Foote, IMO is mediocre at best in this point of his career. Accepting mediocrity is admitting defeat. Leave the acceptance of mediocrity to Bengals fans.