Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #64
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,866 Times in 3,720 Posts
Default Re: Steelers release NT Alameda Ta'amu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Fair enough, dude. I don't like this discussion at all-- I feel like I am being backed into a corner. Unfortunately, I have a take-no-prisoners mentality on most things and have trouble backing down, and this is what happens.

I try to take each case on an individual basis. After reading through all the discovery papers and documents, I honestly don't think Ben committed any crime. He excercised poor judgement in messing around with ****ty girls in clubs instead of going to Beverly Hills or something. But even still -- the team had to take a sour bite out of its reputation because of him.

I don't harass Ravens fans about Ray Lewis because I don't think he did anything.

Ta'amu effed up. BIG. I am all for him getting another chance, but he has a debt to society that needs paying first.

You are right, my problem is mostly with the Rooneys on this one. I guess I am a little bit disappointed.
and thats your right and understandable. i share the same viewpoints on ben. his worst crime was useing careless judgement, and trying to hound dawg it and score some tail.

i will wait for the justice hammer to fall on ta'amu, and while i may not agree, i think he will bee seen as a low risk as a repeat offender and not see much jail time (if any at all).

if he does, it will probably be in the offseason as to give him a chance to save what can be seen as a potentially promising career.

people tont get better or rehabilitated in jails. they learn how to become better and more successful criminals.

you should try living in new mexico (pretty much consistantly the highest DWI per capita rate in the nation) where we routinely see multiple dwi offenders (im talking 5-20 DWI's) kill people (many times entire families) driving on the wrong side of the road, only to be the sole survivors of the "accidents".

im not exaggerating. that shit is real.