Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,906 Times in 955 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Make Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Again, I'm not going to criticize a kid that hasn't had any legitimate snaps in the NFL. I will say, though, if we have an opportunity to upgrade at ILB with a high draft pick we should absolutely do it.

edit - I realize the way I said that was confusing. It's late, cut me some slack. Plain and simple, if the Steelers are in a position to draft the right guy - should he fall to them in the first or second round - they absolutely have to pull the trigger.
I think they HAVE to pull the trigger on the best pass rushing OLB they can find. (Harrison is beat up, Worilds and Carter are not a #1 guy)

I think they HAVE to pull the trigger on a Safety prospect that is better than Will Allen or Ryan Mundy. Clark and Polamalu dont have much longer to play in the NFL.

I think they SHOULD HAVE kept Kraig Urbik and SHOULD Have drafted an ILB instead of Jason Worilds. I think Sean Lee, Pat Angerer and Brandon Spikes were all there at the time. The more we waste top picks, the more has to be made up in years after.