SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,081 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Make Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think they HAVE to pull the trigger on the best pass rushing OLB they can find. (Harrison is beat up, Worilds and Carter are not a #1 guy)

I think they HAVE to pull the trigger on a Safety prospect that is better than Will Allen or Ryan Mundy. Clark and Polamalu dont have much longer to play in the NFL.
I completely agree with you. That's why in this draft I was so high on guys like Dion Jordan and Alex Okafor, but they're preforming so well that I very much doubt they'll be on the board when we pick unless a complete and utter meltdown of this team happens.

I'm also 100% with you on a safety prospect, maybe even a couple. That's why I'm looking at the Steelers and thinking we could draft guys like CJ Mosley, Nico Johnson and Bacarri Rambo in the first three rounds and it would legitimately give the Steelers the number one defense in the NFL again - with three rookies. We're not far off from being truly dominate again, just need a couple pieces and I think these guys would fit the bill. This would also eliminate a lot of our current cap issues by getting rid of guys like Harrison, Mundy, Foote and Carter. Shedding these guys and making our line look like ...

Mosley / ROLB - Johnson + Timmons / ILB - Woodley / LOLB

... is the best LB core in the NFL. Putting Rambo behind Clark and Troy for a year and act as a sponge would be best case scenario. These are the kind of transactions I'd love to see!
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote