Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #161
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,472 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Are We Ready For Baltimore

actually I spend time and have family in both MD and in Pittsburgh. do we really need to argue city v. city again?

Baltimore - not enough of a community - or space to breathe IMO, - in almost a decade down here - I don't get the same feeling - probably because most people seem to be from somewhere else (I have plenty of Ravens fans as friends so you can't say it's because I'm a Steelers fan - there are a few others that live near by - some more annoying than others on both sides). You guys have boating, and Edgar Allen Poe - so I'll give you that.

Pittsburgh - I'll admit - some western pa folks need some dentures - as do drug addicts, which all cities have plenty of - I come from a small town where everyone knows everyone and is neighborly and in general seems to enjoy life a little more. A lot of Baltimorons have an edge to them - and maybe those that grew up here are a little peeved because people are coming from all over the place to squat. Pittsburgh is more of a midwest kind of city (think St. Louis) and is indeed more rural than greater Baltimore as a whole (think Green Bay). It isn't as dirty as you Ravens fans like to make it out to be - but I get why you would pick stuff out like that as a representation -and, stereotypes exist for a reason, right?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote