StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall Will Start Sunday Night vs. Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Smash View Post
First post here. Been reading this forum for a long time and finally registered. Been Steeler fan for over 30 years.

One thing you have to think about with Ben being out, no matter who is the running back for the week, either Mendy, Redman or Dwyer, the defense will be stacking the line against the run. Other teams will not fear our passing game without Ben. I expect tons of run blitzs in the gaps to shut down the run and then turn that into pressure on Lefty on the play action fakes. Unless we can hit a few early passes to make the Ravens respect the threat of a pass, I am looking for it to be a long day. I hope to hell I am wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about this game at all now with Ben out, no matter who is the running back.
Good, that's what we want. LET THEM. Let them disrespect a big-armed QB that won't be shy to take advantage against a banged up secondary with one of the fastest men in football lined up on the outsides.

Leftwhich has played in games for us before and virtually almost every one of them, he has connected on a deep ball. He took a shot again last week against KC in his first series & I expect Haley to dial more up tonight.

Lefty has a big arm. I think everybody and their mother is expecting Balty to stack the line and dare us to pass, which is why I think Lefty is the better and correct option over Batch. He can simply push the ball downfield with ease and is our best home-run QB at the moment. The long-ball will be there. It's up to Wallace & Sanders to beat the coverage.