Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,313 Times in 655 Posts
Default Re: Larry Foote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
So your entire analysis of Foote's play this year is based solely on one, single game against the #7 ranked run game?

What do your tapes of the other eight games we played this year show you?
No, not based on 1 single game. I have been noticing all season that Foote is not attacking the line of scrimmage and filling in the run game. He often gets driven back or ridden out of the play by offensive linemen.

Foote is playing rather passive compared to his previous years with the Steelers.

I have I think 3 more games on the DVR and will go thru those too if you want me to break down his play more?? He was similarly getting owned in the Cincinatti and Giants games.

Some have questioned his pass coverage skills, but I dont think he has been too bad there. He gets into his hook-curl zone drops farily well. Its only when he has man coverage on a TE that he looks like a liability.

My whole point is that so many fans just look at the stat sheet and think Foote is doing so well this year. I think there are a few posters on this site that have watched more than just his stat line and also see that he isnt that impressive.

The ILB position that Foote is playing is a point of weakness in this defense. Watch some tape and you will see.