SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Official Fox News is BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Is it a warped opinion to think we are moving toward Europe, were most countries are going bankrupt.Do you really think I give a crap if the majority of voters, which are the 47 percent and a few more "despise" me and other so called mainstream Republicans. Their vote counted thats obvious, but not much else does. When I go to work every day, take my daughter to school or go to the gym I don't even see these people. I have accepted I am the minority as a Father, husband and someone who actually has a job and contibrutes to society. I don't really get how I am to blame though, since I pay my mortage, heath insurance, taxes and pretty soon I will be paying for other peoples as well.
You are to blame because you perpetuate this notion that the 47%ers are somehow all freeloading jackwads who are lazy and never want to find a job or take care of their own families. (With your own statements, you just put me into that category, since as a former single mother, I needed help just to get by).

Let's see who you and FoxNews are alienating with these kinds of statements...since these folks just don't matter to you.

Here is what you've bough into...

“These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. … [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

Here is reality...

The vast majority of households that don’t pay federal income taxes are either elderly or paying payroll taxes. As you can see below, 60 percent of those who don’t pay income tax are still working and paying taxes for Social Security and Medicare. Their tax liability is just too low to qualify for the income tax. Another 22 percent of non-payers are retirees.

Only about 7.9 percent of households are not paying any federal taxes at all. That’s usually because they’re either unemployed or on disability or students or are very poor.

Many low-income workers don’t pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years.

most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...xes-in-charts/

Sorry, but just because you like to talk out of your ass with nothing to back it up except for some blowhard on FoxNews, doesn't make it true. Again, it's people like you who turn people off to Republicans. You folks brought this on yourselves. You're statements show what kind of truly depraved human being you are. I don't usually go off on people like this, trust me. But you are about as low as it gets. Acting like you're the only type of person who contributes to society. How fucking cocky of you.