View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: It's official. Steelers have signed Brian Hoyer for QB and Plaxico Burress for WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
The reason they didn't sign Johnson (in my opinion) is that they need someone experienced if Batch gets injured. In general, when your franchise QB gets injured, you want somebody who's been there before. This precludes O'Connell as well.

My other best explanations are

Garrard: Injury issues. Also he's not really someone you bring in to be a back-up, he's been a starter for almost all of his career. He probably has a higher salary also.

Dixon: He flatly turned the Steelers down.

Redman: Also possible salary issues. In addition, I don't know if you want a 35 year old backing up your 37 year old.

Wallace: More salary issues. Also is a bit of a 'gadget' QB and wouldn't be a very steady hand.

I would say Hoyer gives you lots of experience (particularly at the backup position) at a fairly lower price. His performance in the times he has played has been pretty superb as well.
I'm more inclined to say they didn't sign Jerrod because he's playing elsewhere already. Dixon is signed elsewhere, too. Seneca Wallace is a better janitor than QB. So what exactly are you guys thinking 1 mil was going to buy us? Eli Manning or Tom Brady rental for next Sunday?
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote