View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #85
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,085 Times in 515 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Who should be the #1 RB?

Saying "Dwyer has been here for years" really doesn't mean much, he was never given a legitimate chance to do anything until this season. Obviously he wasn't going to do anything his rookie year, and last year Mendy wasn't hurt all year.

No he didn't do anything against KC. But who did? Everyone played like shit that game. EVERYONE. It's not like anyone came out and showed they should get the job over him. Against Baltimore, he still came up with a few good third down conversions if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't his best game but again it wasn't anyone else's either and Dwyer still looked better than anyone else when he was in. He still got nearly twice as many yards as Mendenhall with only one more carry. He had just as many receptions for more yards as well.

Nobody's trying to say Dwyer is a Pro Bowler or anything, or at least, I'm not. I used to be a huge Mendy supporter. I will still admit Mendy is more equipped to be a feature back. He has all the physical traits, the speed, the power, the shiftiness, the endurance. But he just doesn't get it done. I don't care what he's done in the past, he's had good seasons here. But if you've watched him this year, there's just no way you can make excuses for him. IDK if maybe the lingering injuries are bothering him or what, but he just get's stuffed or misses the hole EVERY time he gets the ball.

To me, Mendy is totally out of the equation as the #1 at this point, and Dwyer has shown he's better than Redman. That's all there is to it.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (11-20-2012)