View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562
Default Re: You hear this, Ray Rice?

Hey take a step back for a second. Some of you guys ought to know that Ray Rice is generally regarded as a pretty good guy, does the charity thing, doesn't get in trouble, all that stuff. A genuine nice guy. Now, you're a young guy, in the NFL, you're in a big rivalry game. You've got enough years under your belt and have seen enough people come and go to know you better enjoy it while you can. Now you win a tough, tough football game on the road, an opposing fan wants to trade souvenirs with you. You figure hey, this guy will probably get a kick out of it and not only that but I get something to remember playing here as well - kind of a cool moment, no?

You walk back to the locker room, wrap the towel around your neck, go about your business, whatever. A reporter takes the shot and publishes it.

You really think Ray Rice is just a total disrespectful jerk? No part of you as a rational human being can just say, yeah - I get it. This is not a guy who is going to stomp on it or burn it or do anything intentionally disrespectful. All this is about is a young player taking things in and appreciating what he is part of.

IMHO some people just want to get riled up anyway so they go find something.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote