Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,432 Times in 7,364 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: #1 Defense By Smoke & Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
This is a typical knee-jerk reaction from Steeler fans whenever something critical is said of the defense.

Did the defense lose the game? Absolutely not. In fact, they held strong when they were put in a bad position early in the game. But in order to beat Baltimore without Ben, splash plays were needed. Do you really think Byron Leftwich was going to lead the offense on 80-90 yard scoring drives all night? Do you think Charlie Batch will do that against Cleveland? Now, the same could be said of special teams in the return game. Ever since the Giants game the return unit has gone downhill and Tomlin has looked rather silly for firing Everest.
Interesting.

My "knee-jerk" reaction is to someone complaining about a defense that gave up 3 points.

My "knee-jerk" reaction is to someone who won't be satisfied unless the defense pitches a shut-out... and even then some people would still complain: "The defense gave up zero points, but I expect better."

So, Yes, you can call my reaction "knee-jerk" because I find it utterly baffling that someone is blaming the defense for a loss against the Ravens.

I would have the same reaction if someone looked at Jessica Alba and stated, "I don't like the color of her lip gloss."

And, as far as the defense "making up for the loss of BB", how about the offense making up for the loss of Troy(& for an injured Harrison)? The defense did its job... even the color of its lip gloss was not to some people's liking.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote