View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Free Agents for next season!!!

If we don't draft safety Eric Reid of LSU in the 1st round, there are a couple of guys that look good and could come a bit cheaper than some high priced safeties out there:

Seahawks S Kam Chancellor: Chancellor might be the best shutdown safety in the game, one of the hardest-hitting players in the league.

Bills S Jairus Byrd: Buffalo invested a ton of money in its defense, but it didn't take care of its biggest defensive playmaker. After a rookie season littered with fortunate passes thrown directly his way, Byrd's interception totals have normalized. Whereas the interceptions are no longer coming in bunches, Byrd has improved his game in other areas to become one of the league's better safeties. With great range and anticipatory skills in center field, Byrd is reliable free safety capable of forcing quarterbacks to hold the ball and double check his position on the field before throwing the deep ball. In a pass-heavy league, one of the best young safeties in the game should be high on the Bills' priority list this season.

Quarterback is REALLY thin! Especially for backups.

Colts QB Drew Stanton: In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.