Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #40
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: mike adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Miller, I know that what you see is the plays that Adams gets beat and its unacceptable to you. But there are plays that he does quite well and has shown progression since the preseason...its just that they dont get hilighted on TV by the announcers.

So many people thought we got a steal when we got Adams and he was going to start at LT right away. I had my reservations as I saw his inconsistent play at Ohio St and lack of strength. I maintain that if Adams learns better hand placement, gets stronger and works on a consistent pass set....the guy can be much better than Max Starks has ever been.
I think the first thing he should work on is the mental aspect of it. When I see an end lined up in front of him, I don't know what Adams is thinking but he always seems to look and move in the wrong direction and the D-End blows by him then Adams tries to play party cake with him to stop the rush which never happens. It's almost reminds me of a bad quarterback who decides that he is going to throw to a certain player before the ball is snapped. Then throws an INT.

I've seen Adams make some decent blocks and I've seen him make lots of TERRIBLE attempts at what I guess I'll call a block. It doesn't take play by play analysis to notice things on the field unless it's in the secondary. I don't base my judgement of a player or team based on what analysts say or what any board member says. I understand he's a rookie and he ain't gonna be perfect, but all I have to say is this guy probably put his hand on the stove 15 times before he started believing it was hot, then continues to check annually to make sure it's still hot. Slow, and lazy learner, who's mental strength and abilities match his physical.