View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Key Things to Take Note of at 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I don't agree that Tomlin is top 3. I don't think he is all that good at all. He would have kept Arians, and eventually after years of failure, had to be publicly sent a message, and finally overridden. He has not addressed our horrible special teams in 6 years, (maybe he isn't given the choice though). He makes just plain stupid game day decisions, on par for his responsibilities as Arians was on offense.

I am also not a big fan of Mike Wallace this year. I had hopes when he came back and made some tough catches over the middle, but now he's not even catching a lot of the easy ones, and I'm not convinced he's as fast as he used to be either, although he looked it against the Ravens. I thought at the time that giving Brown the big money was the right decision. He has earned it, and Sanders makes things happen too. The two of them on the field together are hard to cover. Heath is Heath. Ben has stepped up his game and attitude this year too. I like it. If we can get everyone healthy and in rhythm watch out.
Agree with both. Tomlin is not a good coach IMO. I don't hold him responsible for the defense because I'm not sure he's given much control over it, but as mentioned, we'd still have Arians if it wasn't for Rooney. He makes bad game decisions as mentioned, and the one that hurts the most are the most obvious. Dwyer is the RB on our team who can run the ball. Rainey is the guy who can take it to the house on PR's and KR's. Yet Rainey returns only some of the kicks and our $8 mil WR returns our punts. All while Dwyer watches Mendenhall get accused of "dancing with the stars" by Chris Collinsworth. Punting to a guy who averages 40 yards a punt return is not a good idea when your kicking from your own goal line either.

As for Wallace, what is he doing for us? He drops it, he fumbles, he doesn't get open on short routes or when Ben is under pressure, so what is there to like? He's a bad ass deep guy, but we don't use him much for that, and he struggles with the rest. He's a good #2 and a great distraction, but he's not worth what he's asking for.

I agree with pretty much everything else. Defense is kicking ass and the team is pretty good all around. Injuries are the only thing that can hold us back.