View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Can Rainey Play in the NFL?

We literally fumbled that game away - watching all of our backs fumble in the same game was a disgrace and a total embarrassment. I don't know who's conditioning our running backs, but whoever it is - he's not doing a very good job. Still, it comes down to player execution. Batch played as well as could with one week of training (for some reason, Tomlin is one of the few coaches who doesn't involve his backup QBs during weekly regular season practices - not even for a few reps - with Leftwich and now Batch, you can see the result of that.)

I was sadly nervous when we were up by 7 within the first minute of play - it seems like anytime we score and lead early these days, we end up falling apart not long after.

And as others pointed out, Rainey is hardly to blame - he at least put points on the board. All of the backs screwed the pooch. Batch played well in fits, but given his age and how rusty he was coming in, the offensive line and the backs needed to step it up a notch or three..not play like a second string high school football squad.