View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: Tomlin is trade bait ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
He is nowhere like Gruden. Gruden's buccaneers shit the bed right after they won the super bowl in his first year coaching the team.

Tomlins team not only won the championship 2 years after he took over, but he got them back to the big game his 4th year. Last year they were 12-4 and yeah, Tebow took them out of the playoffs.

This year they are 6-5 and still in it. The defense continues to improve and the offense will get better when BB gets back.

Cowhers players are long gone for the most part. You barely need two hands to count the number of Cowhers players still on this team. That just went 12-4 last year and would be moving along nicely at this point except you have chaos at the QB position.
I hope you are right, but I don't see it. I see glaring deficiencies that aren't being addressed on special teams, in game management and in fundamentals that no high school coach would ignore and expect to still be coaching the next year. The one major deficiency that was corrected was done by ownership against the wishes of Tomlin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminpa For This Useful Post:
dpc13 (11-25-2012), Pirate (11-26-2012)